- Anthony DeGregorio on Sandy Hook Was Good for Business
- Maurice T. Cunningham on Sandy Hook Was Good for Business
- Philip F. Filosa on Sandy Hook Was Good for Business
- Nancy Frank on Ed and Cooter: Just a couple of “Good Ole Boys.”
- Headlines for Wednesday, May 15, 2013 » MASSterList on How will Obama’s “scandals” impact the MA Senate race?
Tag Archives: Stand Your Ground
In 1838 Abraham Lincoln gave a speech called On the Perpetuation of Our Political Institutions. Lincoln argued that if we should ever surrender the blessings of this country it would be by our own hand, and that could happen if lawless people so control our society with no effective response from the government, that our way of life is destroyed. The Mattapan massacre and the killing of Trayvon Martin suggest we are some distance down that path.
If timing is everything in politics, the time couldn’t be worse to advocate for a Massachusetts version of Stand Your Ground.